Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Crafty Crafty

I've been very inspired for the last few weeks. I've had a crafting bug that just needed to be scratched. With that in mind, I've made 3 very fun crafts in the last two weeks. I've actually been done with two of them for almost a week now, but I've been waiting to post about them until the last one is done. But I'm getting too impatient with that, and I'm posting now!

The first one I finished was a hair bow holder. I've wanted to make one for years now, but never found the right frame for it. There are something like 10845763 tutorials already out there in blog land, so I won't bother with that.

But I found this frame for $3 at a thrift store.



Yes, it's never been opened. And judging from the height of the woman's hair, I'd say this was siting in some one's basement since 1992. Look at her haughty smile. I can just imagine that face tormenting someone. Every time they opened that closet, she'd be there, taunting them. "Look at my beauty. Look at my grace. Why can't you find a use for my perfection?!?!"

There really are some fun details on this frame.
So anyway, I slapped some white paint on, covered the back in a fun fabric I had, and strung up $1 worth of ribbon. I wanted to try glazing to get those fun details to pop out. Instead I got impatient and just stuck the whole thing together!



So here's my $4 bow holder. It won't win any awards, but I love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips