Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

30 to 30

Tomorrow is a special day. January 21, 2011 is 30 days before I turn 30 years old. Which is kind of cool. Last year a friend of mine did a 40 to 40 series. I fell in love with the idea, so I'm totally copying her!

So, I'm writing 30 posts of 30 things I love. These are totally not in an particular order. And some are more random that others. But they are all things that make me happy.

I'm also going to work on some self improvement. For the next 30 days I will do these things every day.
  • drink more water. I'm shooting for around 100 oz, but at least 72. I have 24 oz glasses, so that helps a lot!
  • Read my scriptures for a full 10 minutes uninterrupted. How's that for a non-ambitious sounding goal! But my scripture study is lacking. And this really will be an improvement.
  • Some form of exercise 6 days a week, ideally for at least 30 minutes each day.
  • Eat breakfast, take a shower, and really do my hair - all before 10:00 am. I have a tendency to not take care of myself first. And then next thing I know it's almost noon and I'm a raving lunatic because I haven't eaten anything. Or it's 5:30 and I'm still in my pjs. Night showers are great, but I need to be more pulled together.
  • Index 300 names. Not a huge goal, but a worthwhile one
  • Scrapbook! My real goal is finish 'Lil's first year book and get mostly finished with Buddy's 4th. But I'll be completely satisfied with just finishing 'Lil's. (I've only got 4 more months for her's so that won't be too hard.)
  • Wake up by 6:00 each day. (how else am I going to do these things!)

My thoughts of the big 3-0. Rather indifferent, really. I've never understood why people get so worked up over age. It's just the truth - you can't change it, so just accept it. 30 isn't old. It's not super young. It just is. More than anything, it just feels weird that I'm going to be 30. I don't feel like I'm 30, but I am, and it's great!


Along with all this hoopla, I'm going to give away some of my favorite things. I want the prizes to be cool (not just a stick of gum!) so there will me significantly less than 30, but still a bunch 'cause I love you guys! I don't know exactly what I'm giving out, but I won't give away anything that I don't like! To enter: all you have to do is comment on one of my 30 to 30 posts (a real comment, pertaining to the topic at hand please!).

Ready to start this journey with me? I hope you'll learn a bit more about me, and maybe I can learn more about you (why else am I bribing you with so many entries?)

7 comments:

  1. That's such a fun idea, maybe I'll have to borrow it when I turn 30 in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Holly!! I have never heard of this but I am excited to learn more about you!! I am sure there are things I don't know or maybe just need a refresher on!! Yeah 30 was kind of an interesting one for me. It was just a number...but at the same time it was a little hard for me to see how different my life has turned out than I saw it. By now it is old hash though!! Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun idea! I'm impressed by your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals! I am excited to read 30 posts in row.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you! I am so excited to see all your favorites. The hardest part for me was posting every day for 40 days straight! Good luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an adorable idea, and I loved it when Ali did it.

    I think we don't worry about age because our mom and dad didn't. We were raised that it was no big deal to get older.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun idea, this is great,to focus on the things that bring you joy, (not that I think you don't already, I do think it is a great reminder to look for good things daily!!! Thanks for the reminder!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips