Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

#15: dishwashers. And washer/dryers.

This is kind of along the same lines as the indoor plumbing one. But there are many MANY days I'm happy I was not born 200 years ago.

I did not have a dishwasher for the first 3 years we were married. My mom didn't have one until she was in her 40's. The daily, constant demand of dishes is so draining. Espeically when you are big and pregnant and have to bend around that giant ball of a stomach. One of my goals in life is to never live somewhere without a dishwasher again!

Laundry belongs in the same category. I've lived without a dryer. Twice, actually, for a combined total of about 2 years. It's anoying, but doable. The washer, on the other hand, is not. Line drying takes time, but little effort. Hand washing is a nightmarish prospect!

So I am very, VERY grateful for my modern appliances!

2 comments:

Blogging tips