Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

An old friend

I lost an old friend today. While I knew this day was coming,it still took me by surprise. We've been friends for almost 25 years - pretty much as long as I can remember. I always knew I could count on this friend to give me that extra boost when I needed it most. We've bonded over lunches, helped cowgirl dolls ride the range, been race car drivers, watched movies, read books, you name it we did it together. Through 5 moves, several of which were across country, this friend stood by me. My children had also grown to love playing along. A few months ago tragedy stuck. After major surgery, we thought all might be fine at last and more wonderful years together might be enjoyed. However, today the worst came to past, an my friend was laid to rest.

Yes, My Little Step-Up Stool is dead.(No, I didn't make up that name - look it's printed right on top in case you forget it)
Really, 25 years for particle board is amazing. But when the central support board splits like that, there is no saving it.We are officially stool less. It's been less than 24 hours and I'm already pulling my hair out. My kids can't reach anything with out help. So I"m on a mission to find a great replacement. I wonder if I can find something that will last as long!

UPDATE:
This was origionaly written last Sunday, but due to lack of ablilty to actually put pictures in my post, didn't get posted until today. Tuesday Hubby walked up to me and we had the following conversation:
Him "Where was that one stool that you really liked?"
Me "You mean that one at Target?"Him "If that's it, I want you to go buy it. RIGHT. NOW."
Me "But it was like $30!"
Him "I don't care how much it costs. We need a stool NOW."

$7.00 later and some stain and we had this:
You know, as a kid I never realized what an essential child supply a step stool was.

5 comments:

  1. Sad!! I loved that stool! I really like your new one, though! Way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that stool! What a help it has been to so many members of our family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new stool too. I hope you have many years of happiness together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was playing right along and wondering which of your best friends from growing up died, I am glad that a trip to the store is all that it took to put a smile back on the family face, It would be great if all the pains of life could be fixed for a few bucks!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips