Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

My FAVORITE cookies . . .

I can now share with you!
Yes, it's here. In all it's delicious glory. Josi Kilpack's latest book. And it is an AMAZING read.

I love all of her books (ok, there was that one that was kind of dorky, but other than that). Her twists, her turns, her silly little side notes are just so endearing. I read this book almost as a stand alone novel. My copies have been lent out so many times, I rarely have them around, and I just couldn't remember what happened in Devil's Food. While some details help you understand some motivations and such, even if you've never read the rest of the series, you can still sink your teeth into this one. I know I did.
I may have maybe sort of read all 345 pages in less than 24 hours . . . .

And the recipes are amazing too.

Specifically, Butterfinger Cookies. Just typing that name makes my mouth water. They are the. BEST. peanut butter. cookies. EVER. And you can have the recipe for yourself!

This time Josi has made the first chapter and all the recipes available HERE in pdf format. But the recipes just aren't enough! You know you need to read this book too.

And maybe for your very own!

I've got one copy to giveaway to one of my beautiful amazing readers. It's even autographed. And with 19 followers now, competition may get fierce! Or something.

To enter: leave a comment on this post with the name of your favorite recipe. Extra hugs to those that actually link to the recipe.

Entries must be in by Monday, Aug 24th at 7:00 central time (because I like to sleep.) On Tuesday I'll throw the numbers in to random.org and find the winner.


Believe me, it's worth it!

4 comments:

  1. I saw this in the store yesterday and gasped out loud. I didn't know it was out yet and it made me happy to see it!

    As far as favorite recipe that is hard to narrow down. Meals are different than desserts... I would maybe say Yucatan Chicken is one of the top favorites! Sorry I don't have a link for it.

    It looks like a good read and we will read it one way or another! Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, maybe I'll get this one! Then I'll own all of the even numbered books. Probably my favorite recipe is... well it really depend on my mood. But thanks to what you've been saying I think today I'll go with Peanut Butter Fudge. There was a woman on the mission who would make it and it rocked my knee-highs. I don't have her exact recipe, but here is another one: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Peanut-Butter-Fudge-III/Detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly a new favorite recipe of mine is that bread you made yesterday for dinner. Yumm!! I need to get that recipe from you. (get it? "need"? hehe!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually dabbling back in the blog world and went to your sight first.

    My favorite recipe is also Yucatan Chicken. No link, but here's the recipe (gonna be a long comment!):

    Yucatan Chicken

    2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and diced.
    2T. lemon juice
    3 T. Taco Seasoning
    1 can stewed tomatoes. 16 oz.
    2T. sugar
    1½ t. cornstarch
    1can diced green chili peppers, drained (6 oz.?)
    1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/4 t. garlic powder
    tortilla chips, nacho chips or corn tortilla’s
    sour cream
    olives
    lettuce
    shredded cheese
    diced tomatoes
    anything else you might want to put on a taco salad.

    In a glass bow. Combine chicken, lemon juice and the taco seasoning. Cover with vented plastic wrap or lid. Microwave at 100% power for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Stir to rearrange once or twice during cooking time. Keep warm while preparing sauce.

    In a 4 cup glass measure, stir together undrained tomatoes (I puree the tomatoes), chili peppers, sugar, cornstarch, and garlic. Cook, uncovered, at 100% power for 4 to 5 minutes or until hot. Pour tomato sauce over chicken and stir together. Serve chicken and sauce over chips or torn corn tortillas. Top with cheese, lettuce, sour cream, olives, diced tomatoes, etc. Serves 4

    Just yum!

    ReplyDelete
Blogging tips