Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

Drugs and food

Loss this week: -2.4

Total lost: 11.9 lbs (ish)

I cannot believe how this weight is coming off!  I am just flabbergasted each time I step on the scale.  This week I saw a number that hasn't been seen for over a year.  Not only that, but by next week I should be were I was when I got pregnant with Jelly Bean.  I can pull my jeans on and off without doing the button.  And I just feel so much better about my body and the way I look than I did a month ago!

What's more impressive about that loss this week, is the fact that I spent 48 hours at a huge family reunion with lots and lots and LOTS of snacks, treats, and temptations.  So I also spent a lot of time sending up quick little prayers.

Years ago, I worked at an ice cream shop.  We were allowed to have samples any time customers weren't around.  And I quickly learned that if I let myself start snacking, I wouldn't stop.  Food is like a drug that way.   This week I remembered that.  Yes, there was all kinds of stuff out.  But by not letting myself start as soon as the food was there, but holding off until most was gone, or it was almost bed time anyway, made a huge difference in the amount I ate.  In other words, I kind of just said no to my drug of choice, and it seriously helps!  (of course, I've tried that before.  but while the spirit is willing, my flesh is very weak.  He's making a HUGE help with that weak flesh part!)

I'm trying not to get too excited about these losses.  They are a phenomenal start, but I'm sure it won't last.  I don't have a lot of faith in myself that I'll actually be able to maintain this rate of loss for another 22 weeks.  However, if I actually do, I'll meet my goal 3 weeks earlier than I planned!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips