Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Traditions . . .

Traditions. TRADITIONS! (are you singing with me yet?)

This year was the first time in 6 years that I've been with my parents on Christmas Eve. Since I've been married, we've just done our own thing, and then gone over Christmas Day to spend time with the family. But now that we're a couple of thousand miles away, when we come for Christmas, we spend the whole thing together.

Now, you have to understand, my family has a TON of Christmas traditions. As in like every thing is a tradition. From the special Christmas plates, to the story Mom always tells (that she can't ever really remember so she kind of just makes up, but still cries in all the same places), to the special Christmas Eve treat, it's like every moment is full of memories.

One of my favorite parts is when we turn off all the lights except for the tree. We snuggle up together on the couches, clutching our hot chocolate and toast, and sing Christmas carols. We all get to pick one at a time, and take turns until we can't think of any more. As I listened to the three part harmony we blended together, I realized there was no where else on earth I'd rather be.

So here's to family. Here' s to peace. Here's to the love that filled our place Wednesday night. I hope your night was as memorable as mine. (and since my sister is about the only one that reads this, I guess it was!)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think mine was just as good as yours. Maybe a little bit better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So as I was playing around on my blog... I found this blog! Sis, you have such a fun way of wording. I so enjoyed reading all your posts. I try to sound clever and fun... and I just sound boring. Thanks for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me cry!!! I wish I could have been there!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips