Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

#9: Learning a New Skill

One of the best things in life is learning something new. I loved school. (ok. let's be honest. I loved learning. The cramming for tests/writing boring papers/stupid parking rules not so much!) I love finding out new things, gaining new talents, finding new passions. I remember the first time I ever baked a loaf of bread. I had been married for 3 years, and decided I wanted to try something new. I loved it. We have homemade bread/rolls/bread bowls around here about once a week.

Since I started this blog, I've gained skills in:
  • crocheting
  • painting (furniture and walls here people! Painting art is a whole 'nother ball a' wax!)
  • carpentry
  • machine quilting
  • sewing a doll
  • lots of scrap booking skills too!
I love the learning phase - finding sources, gathering tips, that stuff. I love the actual doing part - chopping wood, slicing fabric, pouring paint. but most of all, I love the sense of accomplishment when it's done. When you can stand back and say "hey, I did that!", and then walk past it every day and fall in love with it all over again!

What skills have you learned lately?

2 comments:

  1. You really have done some amazing things!! You have inspired me in several ways (I just need to follow through in doing them):D Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very awesome. I love all your creations, but the very best ones and the 3 beautiful grandchildren you've added to our family. You did a REALLY great job on that!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips