Sorry it has taken me so long to report back on my big day! I've been trying to finish up the prizes, and it's taken a bit longer than expected!
I got a lot of very positive comments on my posts. To be honest, after about 10 days or so, I thought you guys would be sick of hearing from me. And in case any of you actually thought I was that dedicated to write every single day, I totally started writing those back in November. My goal was to have them all done before the series even started. I did NOT make that - my favorite post of all (day #30) was written the day before my birthday. In other words, I deliver on time, but need to start months in advance!
Biggest thing I learned - goal wise: I really stink at keeping track of things. I only had seven goals. I made myself a little chart so I could check of each day when the goal was completed. I think I managed to pick up a pencil and mark something like, 12 of the days or something. But I actually worked on most of my goals every single day!
Quick run down of my goals:
- Water. I rarely made my 100 oz goal. But almost always made the 72 mark. And my body craves more water now, which is always a good thing.
- Waking up at 6:00. I'd say an 80% success rate. My body is used it the time now, and it's easier to still do this.
- Scriptures: about a 98% success. I missed a day or two, but I'm in a much better place spiritually now!
- Exercise: about a 90% success. I've been very happy with how well I've been sticking to exercise. I lost 4 lbs the first two weeks, and then gained 2.5 back when I got a nasty cold. But it's coming of again!
- Getting ready: Huge improvement here! Before, I waited to get myself ready until the dirty work was done - exercise, cleaning, etc. But I was using that as an excuse to not get ready. I can mop the floor in jeans just as well as pjs. While I still don't always make the 10:00 mark, more often than not, I'm ready for my day about 9:30.
- Indexing: I did more than 400 names!
- Scrapbook: I managed to finish 'Lil's first book, and I've got 5 months done on Buddy's.
Now the fun stuff - PRIZES!!!
I finally decided on 3. The "grand" prize is a love of books. Second place is a love of crafts. Third is a love of chocolate. (you can't tell in the pictures, but I put everyone else's name in a big bowl and my kids picked them out. Nice and random!)
The Grand Prize goes to the person with the most comments (I told you to comment lots!) Which is : Grandma Nelson!!!! Yeah Mom! You win:
The new Josi Kilpack book! It came right in the middle of my series, so I thought it would be a good prize to throw in there.
Second Place: A love of crafts (random pick) goes to:And you win:
This cute plate I whipped up with my silhouette. (actually, this was one of the most frustrating things I've made in a long time. I'll explain a bit more when I do a vinyl tutorial next week.)
Third place:(another random pick) Love of chocolate goes to:
You win an Oreo Truffle kit (a $5 Walmart card to buy yourself some oreos and cream cheese, the recipe, and a bar of Aldi chocolate to dip them in) Of course, you can do what ever you want with the gift card, but I REALLY recommend doing the recipe! (Mommy J, please email me a mailing address!)
Thanks for playing along with me. It's been a great ride!