Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Is this thing on?

Hey world! I'm still alive!

I know, you were all overcome with worry for me. Really, I could feel it. More than a week with no contact from me - I'm sure most of you were exhibiting signs of withdrawal. Either that or wonderful hopes that I was just in the hospital.

No such luck. In reality, I've been tired, cranky, and finding WAY too many new drool worthy blogs to occupy my time. Instead of updating you with wonderful/thought provoking/hilarious/carefully crafted posts, I've just been reading everyone else. Especially those crafty ones. I find myself dreaming about fabric and nail guns. I've got some MAJOR projects up my sleeves, all of which require too much money to start today, or more time than I currently have, or at the very least a non pregnant body to accomplish!

But don't you worry - every single one of those obstacles will be overcome. Some much sooner than others- especially that last one. I'm just about at the finish line with this pregnancy, and wishing so much that I'd already crossed it! I'm ready to meet my little baby. I'm ready to stop gaining so much weight. I'm ready to stop going to the bathroom 20 times a day. I'm ready to start reclaiming my body. I'm ready to sleep on my stomach again (although that one won't happen pain free until this fall or so.)

I also starting to wonder about my Mommy intuition with this child. First I was sure I was having twins - nope. Then I was positive I would go super early - I only have 11 more days until my c-section. I've also been positive that I'm having a girl. With the rate I'm going, I'm going to need to do some major shopping in a few weeks! The really hard part about that is Hubby finally agreed to my girl name! Ok, it was only because he finally gave up finding a name he actually liked. We're still debating 3 boy names, so if anyone wants to put their 2 cents in, feel free.

Maybe this pregnancy was to teach me that I really should stop assuming things. And patience. Isn't that what every child teaches a parent? There is never enough patience.

2 comments:

  1. No, there's never enough patience (at least not at my house!!)

    I'm starting to figure out how to use that table saw! You're inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy intuition is an unreliable thing. Sometimes it is very accurate. Sometimes It's just an overactive imagination. Hard to tell the difference and leaves you wondering where your children are and if they are all right. The last weeks of a pregnancy....who knows?

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips