Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm in love. (and a give-a-way!)

Sigh. My girl (a girl!!!!) is so cute. Seriously. Just look at her.
Things couldn't have gone better on Monday. When I first heard her cry I joined in. My heart was full to bursting over meeting this tiny creature. We waited for so long (ok, I know many MANY people have to wait longer, but when you're going through infertility, any time at all feels like decades). And seeing my girl for the first time was an amazing experience.

And a girl! I wanted a little girl so much. A boy would have been ok, but my little girl is perfect.

And now, here for this blog, I officially dub her 'Lil Flower. Girly-Lou really wanted a girl named flower. Since I'm not so much into strange names, I thought having that be a blog name would be a bit more appropriate. The 'Lil is short for Little, since she is little, but also because she has my name for a middle name. So she's a little me. And so cute. Look again.


Sigh. (I have no idea why that last photo is turned. But anyway)

Ok, now for some funness. As you may recall, I'm in a test kitchen for a culinary mystery series. They are awesome! And the third book just came out. And I have a copy. You know you want this. There are some amazing recipes in here (like the devils food cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting. to. die. for!).

*blurb for the series: Sadie Hoffmiller is a 50 something widow with a talent for sticking her nose into places. She has a talent for putting the facts together too, and helps the police solve a few crimes, even when the police really don't want the help. Although this is the 3rd book in the series, it works fine as a stand alone book too. Josi Kilpack is an amazingly talented author. Her books are well thought out, engaging, and just plain fun. I love how easily she throws a wrench into her stories you'd never see coming (I seriously loved this book!)

So in honor of my adorable baby girl, you can have your own copy. Just leave me a comment. Tell my why you want this book. Or how cute my girl is. Or why you like reading my ramblings. Or ask me a question.

Only requirements - make sure there's a way for me to contact you in case you win. And make your comment at least 1 full sentence long. Don't just say "You're cool." We're all over that whole year book thing, right?

You have until 8:00 pm central time Feb. 8 to comment. I'll pick one at random to win.

8 comments:

  1. I, too, am smitten with "Lil Flower". She's so beautiful that it almost hurts!!! (The pics are adorable, but they don't even come close to doing justice to her in person)

    I, of course would love the book! The others have been fun reads!

    Love ya, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is lovely. Maybe one day Lil Flower and Miscellany will be college roommates.

    Love you, and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures and her! It is kind of funny to me that I haven't even met her but seeing the pictures makes me love her! Maybe I am just feeling nostalgic and miss you guys terribly!

    Us cute Utah girls got the first two books for Christmas. I am reading English Trifle right now and enjoying it. I am assuming that the next book will be just as enjoyable! I love how the books are somewhat of an easy read, but so interesting and engaging. In someways (now don't laugh) but I could see you being somewhat like Sadie when you are older. You love piecing things together with your very logical mind and you do get great cooking urges.

    Anyway I love you all out there and miss you! Can't wait to see you in March!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Laree,

    I, your dear favorite youngest sister truly love you. And I love your blog. I think, as the oldest follower (we're going with time, no age) of your wonderful ramblings, I deserve some sort of great gift. And, as Leann alluded to, you would be benefiting 3 people, not just one. Your little flower it super cute, and beautiful. I want to hold her, and kiss her. You did good!

    You pretty much rock my knee-highs, and I'll love you anyway. But remember, ... I have nothing to bribe you with. You're great and I miss you!

    Paily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for your lovely little girl!! She really is beautiful.

    And I really want some chocolate cake right now. The book looks fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lil flower also and can't wait to see her in person. In the meantime I will continue to drool over the pictures. I just love to read and have a hard time finding good reading material so win or lose, I'm sure I will read her books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on "Lil Flower". She is beautiful! Glad Happy Mom lead me to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's is absolutly beautiful :) We're trying for our frist baby, so I love seeing everyone elses
    eod_army_wife04(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
Blogging tips