Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Mommy face

Do you remember that commercial from way back when? It started with a wife sitting at the breakfast table. The husband comes in.
"How could you?" She asks in horror. "Did you think I wouldn't find out?"
The husband looks worried and starts apologizing for EVERYTHING
"I'm sorry I lost my job, but I promise I'll look for another one soon"
"But Honey, a cubic zirconia looks just like a real diamond"
"Is this about the time I spent in prison?"
The wife just looks on . . ."You used the last of the milk"

I don't know why, but I remembered this commercial in the shower this morning (have you ever noticed some of your best thinking happens in the shower? At least for me anyway.) I need a Mommy Look like that. The wife doesn't need to say anything, and all sorts of confessions come pouring out of the guy's mouth. Ok, I'm glad my hubby doesn't need to confess anything that bad, but I love the idea of just looking. . . . My voice has been WAY TOO LOUD around here lately. The hormones have been a rampaging (thank heavens a certain aunt finally showed up so life can get back to normal!), kids have been couped up with sickness, and everyone has been on edge. I need to cultivate more looking and less yelling. That whole gentle persuasion thing has been waaaaaay beyond me.

Ok, I feel better now that I've confessed. Today is my day to be a better person!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips