I've wanted to redo my kitchen since we moved it. Not a full gut or anything, just do some rearranging and a new color scheme.
And we finally got to start it!
Now, this is stage 1 of a 5 stage redo. (Well, maybe you could call it 2 of 6, with the first one being 3 years ago when I tore off all the ivy wall paper and repainted!)
So here's the original (from the house listing):
The before (sorry, not quite the same angle, but the best I could find):
here's the during:
And the after!
So we took out the two HUGE cabinets (I did the one, by myself, and moved it to by the dining table. That was nuts, but then you already knew I was). Then we had someone come and plum it for gas, plus run some different electrical for us. Then my new stove was delivered (fridgidare, gallery series, I'm in LURVE!) My Hubby and Dad hung up a couple of shelves, just so there's a place to stick the microwave until we get further down the road.
I'd like to take off the rest of the original wallpaper - in the words of my 9 year old "how did anyone ever think something so ugly was in style!". And tape/mud the drywall and fix the holes, and at least paint the silly wall. But we'll see. It might just have to wait for way down the line!
So here's the steps, and aprox dates for completion at this point.
1. get rid of all the ivy wall paper and paint: DONE in 2011 ish
2. Remove the giant cabinates and put in a gas stove: DONE aug 2014
3. New floors (wood? sheet vinyl? who knows) by Christmas/end of Jan ish.
4. 3 new cabinets: one to hang a microwave from, one next to it, and one for next to the stove: spring/summer 2015
5. New countertops: either at the same time, or by Christmas 2015
6. replace backslash, paint, and make it all cute and finished: by spring 2016.
Like I said, the worlds slowest kitchen remodel. But that's ok - we're doing all of this as we have the money. And it will be great when it's done!