Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Imagination: a play

Scene: two kiddos, playing in the bathroom, after examining their sucker coloured tongues in the mirror.

Boy, pointing with his blue sucker: Wha! Wha! Wha! Mommy, it hurt me!

Girl, pointing back with her red one: Baby! hang on, you can make it!

Boy: Momma! Buddy hurt me. He bite me.

Girl: It will be ok. Mommy is here.

Boy: Ahh! My head fell off!

Girl: Then die! Just go die now. Go put the stick in the garbage, and that's how you die.

Boy: Oh, Ok. ahh! I die now. I go die.

Yes, my kids have discovered imaginative play. I don't ever remember making my suckers into Mommy and Baby characters. And I really don't know if at 4 I would have thought that if my baby sucker was now headless, it must be dead. At least Buddy is willing to go along with it.

2 comments:

  1. Don't they just crack you up?! They are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love those grandchildren. What fun you are having at this time in your life. I'm so glad that with this blog you will always be able to remember those great times. Love!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips