Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

'cause I really, REALLY thought it was funny

Can I just say I love being in a house? There is SOOOOOOOOO much more space. My kiddos are playing more and fighting less. Putting stuff away has been fairly painless since there is so much room to stick stuff. And we have a fenced in yard where they can run like crazy.

I also really, REALLY love being so close to Happy Mom. Speaking of which . . . .

We live so close we go to the same ward for church. Sunday her youngest daughter asked me 3 times if we were coming over for dinner. Finally, Happy Mom asked too (I sure wasn't coming over without her asking!) It was perfect. So delicious. I felt a bit guilty and wished I had a dessert or something to bring to help out. But being only 36 hours after we officially moved in, that sure wasn't going to happen! And Happy Mom had a beautiful homemade french moose pie in the freezer anyway. It was placed on the counter just as we showed up so it could be at perfect temp. for after dinner.

As dinner wound down, Happy Mom went over to put the final touches on the pie: mounds and mounds of Cool Whip. She said it didn't need a whole package, but she wanted to use up the container. It was beautiful. This cloud like confection, peaked to perfection.

Perfect that is until she dropped it on the floor.

Yup. The entire pie. Cool whip flew across the room as if a pie eating contest had commenced. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard. The look of utter disgust on Happy Mom's face just made me laugh harder. I've never seen a pie smashed like that in real life. It was priceless.

And yes - we did still eat it. We scrapped off the top layers of crust, moose, and cool whip in to some semblance of order. A perfect way to end the day.

4 comments:

  1. Sooo glad I could be your comic relief!!! (it was still good though!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So our reaction at our house was about the same, sudden intake of air and a gasp. That is so sad, but great that you could all have a laugh about it. We are excited to see you in a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous that you and Happy Mom get to see each other all the time. I would love to meet you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I'm so excited that you are so much closer. I bet the pie was great and the laugh made your digestion better. (I think I have read that) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips