Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Weighty matters part 3

Ok, honestly, the weight is still the same as 3 months ago. I've lost and gained the same 3 pounds half a dozen times. That's not why I'm writing. I firmly believe that part will kick up again. I just need to get used to eating for this weight for a while, and then I'll be able to cut some more calories out and the weight will go to.

No, what I'm writing about is the exercise part. It ROCKS!!!!!!!
I can not believe the energy I have. I am now running 1.5 miles in a row several times a week. Sometimes Hubby takes our only car to work (usually when he has to leave at 4 in the morning), and I will bike the 3 miles pulling the kids in the bike trailer. This involves some major hills. I did it this morning and didn't have to walk my bike once!!!!!! I felt GREAT when I was done.

There is such a difference in my life when I remember (aka force myself) to exercise. I'm much more likely to tell myself that I don't actually NEED a cookie. Or that an apple would be an adequate snack instead of chocolate. Or that I should have an extra helping of salad instead of a big dessert. I have more energy to run around with my kids, or play games, or clean the kitchen!

The biggest thing bugging me right now (other than my thighs . . .) is why I let myself talk me into NOT exercising for so long. Really, for years I was depriving myself of this energy, this life, this fun by just being plain lazy. I hate that about myself. I don't like that I'm naturally lazy. That I'd much rather curl up with a book for HOURS than walk out side and get the mail. But it's changing. I'm getting better. And as I grow stronger, my will grows stronger, my faith in myself grows stronger, and that in turn makes my whole life better. Sorry, that sounds like I'm bragging. But really, my life is good because I say it is.

Now I have to go stop my children before someone draws blood (but that's a different post all together)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if my man will ever understand why I love to do such tough work outs. But there's nothing like it!!! Keep it up, girl!!!! I've just started training for a half triathlon and I have sooo far to go!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips