Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Very Harry Party: Wands

What’s a wizard without a wand?

IMG_9996
IMG_9998

I found THIS sign for Olivander’s shop.

 IMG_0009

I mostly used THIS tutorial for the wands – they really are easier than they look. I also looked on pintrest for some different style ideas.  It takes a TON of hot glue, and it took me about 90 minutes to make my 10 wands. They look really stupid before you paint them. But once they are done, the ROCK. I just spray painted mine with some dark walnut spray that I had.

Then I did a wash on them with either white, red, or green acrylic paint with water added.

My favorite were the green ones.


IMG_0001

I also came up with the descriptions, such as “12 inches, rather springy, dragon heart-string core” for each one.

IMG_0011

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips