Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Confessions

Ok all, it’s time for some confessions.

I’m fat.

Whew! I said it.

I currently weigh 30 lbs more than when got pregnant with ‘Lil. Actually, I weigh about 2 lbs less than I did when I DELIVERED her. Even more disgusting, I weigh 13 lbs more than when she was 8 weeks old. Yup. I lost 15 pounds, and then gained most of it back. And since then I’ve just been playing with the same 3 lbs.

And I’m done. I’m tired of feeling just gross and big. I’m done making excuses. I’m ready to really change.

Last time I felt this way, I lost 25 pounds in about 4 months. (this was just before my last pregnancy). Part of that motivation was the idea of “well, if I can’t get pregnant, at least I can make my body healthier to prepare it”.

And here I am, 3 years later, in the exact same situation.  It’s just dumb to weigh this much AGAIN!

As of today, I have 21 days until I head to visit family. My goal: 10 lbs off by then.

*in true confession mode, I thought I posted this when I had 25 days left. I’m already down 1 pound!

I know that’s a big goal – especially considering Thanksgiving is in the middle of all that. But I also know it’s really easy to loose 5 lbs the first week or so of trying, and 7 just is hard to remember (I’m at a nice round number now – in more ways than one! and 10 is easier math to figure out!)

A few weeks ago, I ran a 5k. My time was much better than I thought it would be, especially considering how much I ended up walking due to the world’s biggest charlie horse.  Now my goal is to actually RUN the whole 3 miles.  This week, I’ve run four mornings out of five.  I’m up to running for 30 minutes (plus 10 more walking). According to my little ticker up top, that burned 400 calories. I also threw in a 25 minute bike ride to the grocery store with ‘Lil in the trailer behind me, for another 150 calories. If I keep this up, and stop snitching all the leftover Halloween candy, 10 lbs should come of without much of a problem.

I promise I’m not going to turn this into a weight loss blog. But being accountable to someone is such a HUGE motivator to me! I won’t post every day, but I am going to try to check in several times a week. I re-did my ticker at the top of my blog, and this time – THIS TIME it’s going down!

 

and staying there!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing so well already! Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips