Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Bandwagon Jumpin'

If your blog reader looks like mine, you've seen 80 bajillion Halloween decorations in the last 4 weeks. Pretty much every single one, my reaction was the same:

"What! Halloween is AGES away!"

and

"That's cute, but I'd never actually bother making it."

Yup. That was me. Feeling like it was still August, and feeling rather uncreative.

That is, until last week when I saw THIS picture.



So cute - so easy -so creative. Right up my alley. I had a bunch of 2x4 scraps in my shed from the bunk bed (which I promise, I'm close to showing. We just need to actually go and buy . . . um. well. A MATTRESS for the silly thing. Then I can show off the room!). I had some plywood laying around. I had paint. I had adorable Halloween ribbon. I had a sister with a scroll saw (a jig would work too).

So off I went. And I made three adorable Beasties.

Almost free. (ok, I did spend $3 on some black paint, since I was completely out. But I've been needing to buy some black paint for ages now, so it only sorta counts!)

And showing great restraint, I waited until October 1st before I decorated my whole living room. I also did not go overboard. Nope. Just some nice, adorable, time appropriate touches.

And I'm super happy about it!

6 comments:

Blogging tips