Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

New beginings

So for a while now, I have wanted somewhere to write. I want to write fun things, things that aren't always personal, things that strangers would get a kick out of reading. I dream of being cool enough to be a "finslippy", "MommySnark" or the creme-de-la-creme, a "Momformation" mommy.

Yah, I'm not that cool yet. (and I obviously don't know french!)

On MommySnark, she talked about how BlogHer is now accepting more blogs. Perfect! I can go start a new blog, be all cool and anonymous, and save the personal sappy stuff for the family blog. So I check it out. Dang. The blogs have to be 90 old. So I guess that won't work. OR will it? After all, my account is that old, would that work? I don't know. I think I'll try. The worst that could happen is they deny my request, right? Crush all my hopes and dreams of being cool.

Anyway, even if I'm not allowed to be cool like that, I think I need this. I need a place to write my pretend coolness down. Honestly, I read the cool bloggers, and start narrating my day just like I was one of them. I think of silly nicknames to label my kids so they stay private. Weird ideas float to the surface of post I could do - I've even had dreams about different things to say. No, I'm not obsessed. At least that's my claim and I'm sticking to it!


So here we go. Here's my craziness. All in one spot. At least something in my life can be.

PS. after posting this I realized I totally should have linked to those blogs. I know, a way bad "Duh" moment, but here we go: http://www.finslippy.com/ http://www.mommysnark.blogspot.com/
and
http://blogs.parentcenter.babycenter.com/momformation/ where I like to read Besty Shaw, Patricia Burns, and pretty much everyone else too!. If I was really cool, I would have a clue how to make their names uptop links, but I have no idea how to link a word to a site, I just know how to copy/paste. Maybe someday, when I get to be cool, and other people actually start reading this, someone will comment and tell me how. Until then, I'll just keep faking it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips